Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A rough day for Delaney

Poor little girl, over the past 24 hours she has not felt good.  About a week ago I put a new diaper rash cream on her (California Baby) and she screamed in pain, it burned her.  I ended up putting her in the bath to get it off.
Yesterday she grabbed at it again like she did that day and said "ow".  We didn't think much about it again until this morning after a poopie she grabbed it saying "ow" over and over and screaming a high pitched pain cry.  I got her cleaned up and we were out the door to school.  I thought at this point the tears were from anticipation of school, so I took her and dropped her off.  They said she did good through pictures but I went back to check on her after handbell practice and they said when she sat down for snack she started crying and pointing with "ow" again.  So I took her with me and we went to the doctor.  The nurse hadn't called me back form an earlier call I put in.  I was scared it could be a bladder infection.
So she cried and screamed and cried as we got checked in and settled, not letting go of me.  She held her clammy head on my shoulder from then until about 4pm today.  She fell asleep on me many times, the first waiting on the doctor.  (She did weigh in over 23 lbs today though, yea!)
He thinks it's an outside issue and just to treat it with AD ointment and not to use wipes on her.  Let her soak in an oatmeal bath, etc.  He took a urine sample and said she needs more liquids, but it looks pretty good.  They are running a culture on it and we'll find out Thursday if there is infection.  He said as long as she doesn't have a fever or is vomiting she is probably fine.  During her nap she sounded like she might vomit and then after her nap she had a 102 fever.  Ahhhh!  I called and I still wait.  Mother instincts are kicking in, she is just not herself.  This is more than a diaper rash.  I need to fix it for her.  She was on me for 75% of the day and didn't want to eat.  Finally the Motron kicked in, my mom brought over some pedialyte and she drank 6 oz with her and then wanted some food.  She still doesn't seem 100%, but the medicine seems to be working.  Hopefully it'll last through the night.  Prayers for my baby.

1 comment: