Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 12, 2014

Lilli Jane is one!


Sweet Lilli Jane you are one year old! This time last year I was getting newborn cuddles, nursing every two hours, not sleeping while I just stared at you, and filling my heart up quickly with love for you! Now, one year later you are all over the place, taking steps (10 today to Granddad on your birthday), opening every cabinet, drawer, door you can, but usually getting your fingers stuck, foot caught, or something to make you scream...why haven't you learned not to do that? You are eating a lot now and love food. You are a little picky, but not too bad yet...I am stuffing those veggies in as much as possible now before you realize they are green. You want to follow Blake and Delaney everywhere and do what they do all the time. You don't like sitting in the grass, but enjoy riding on your trike outside while they play. You are a mama's girl right now and don't have much disre to let anyone else hold you. That's okay, I know that day will go away, I'll take it while I can. You blow kisses by putting the back of your hand to your mouth, but never actually throw the kiss. You sleep great at night, usually 6:30pm-6:30am, but you will lie in your bed until we come get you at 7am without crying. You nurse first thing in the morning and just before bed, but are about done with the bedtime session. I will hold on to the first thing in the morning one for a little while to give you a "vitamin" each day. You smile all the time still and laugh at people when they try to get you to, especially Blake. You like to flip like Delaney. I have had so much fun this past year...I have savored each moment as much as I can and enjoyed the time I have had without you talking back to me or not obeying me, I know that day is coming soon, for now let's just enjoy each moment, live each day for what it is and not aim for 10 years from now because we do not know that we will have life in 10 years.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment