This morning started at 7 am when Delaney got up, the others we had to wake at 7:30am after I got ready. I fed Lilli Jane and we all had breakfast and got dressed. Getting out the door was a struggle as always getting shoes on and making sure we had everything we needed for the day. I always make a few trips back inside. I dropped Blake off at soccer camp at 8:45, then took Delaney and dropped her off at 9am for Disney camp at church. Of course both trips included getting everyone out of the car and back in. It was nice to see several of the Dayschool moms I have missed the past month.
Then it was on to the Gyno for my post pardum appointment, which Lilli Jane woke up for of course, because she doesn't like the car seat when it's not moving in the car. I saw an old friend in there, but can't remember if she was from high school or college! I did remember her name was Megan after looking on the sign in sheet. Everything checked out good with me and Lilli Jane stayed quiet while I talked to the doctor.
I made it to Joy Dickson's house to drop something off at 10:15, but I realized I didn't have it with me. Lilli Jane had just fallen asleep so I drove home got it and drove back by 10:40, we chatted a few min, she is due this week with her third, all three of ours are close in age. The first and third are with in months of each other.
After that since she was still sleeping I went to the office to grab a few things, sign something, and check my mail, that is a workout going up the stairs with a carrier, I decided to take the elevator back down.
Lilli Jane was due to eat at 11:30, so I went to the church to feed her,Mather I wrote a few notes to people and got a few smiles from my sweet baby. We chatted with Patti Robinette a few minutes, then picked up Delaney.
Delaney wanted to go "to that place we all went before Lilli Jane was born, you know with the meat sandwiches." You figure that one out! I finally did, it was Joe's Bagels. We had a date coloring together and eating while Lilli Jane slept on the table. We shared a cookie, she ate hers on the way home. That is what is on her face in the picture.
Pam was at Carowinds with Peyton, so I ended up getting both boys so she could stay a little longer. It was my first ever car line. I had a hard time leaving Blake this morning because it was my first time leaving him somewhere with other adults that I didn't know other than school, which is much easier. Picking up was sad too because sitting in the car line seeing him down there "on his own" waiting for his mom reminded me how grown up he is! It took a while for Coalson to hear his name so we were those people holding the line up. They climbed in the back on the stairs on the hitch and we all came to our house. I loved watching and listening to the boys talk about their day, their friends that were there, and the things they did. They were so sweaty and excited! He told me later it was a long soccer day.
When we got home we took a few picture of the sweaty boys and Mrs Potato Head and her artist with cookie all over her face. Then I nursed a very hungry baby while the big kids all got washed up, took shoes off, and played a little, it's amazinghow quickly they get so many toys out. I put Delaney down for a nap with Lilli Jane cuddling with her, Delaney was determined to have her sleep with her. After that argument I went to help Coalson with Blake. Delaney went right to sleep for 2.5 hours, very unusual, and Blake didn't nap. I think he was too excited from the day and overwhelmed.
Pam and Peyton came in drenched from getting rained on and got Coalson. Then I had the task of getting Lilli Jane to sleep, which she did not want to sit, just cry, unless I was walking her. She rolled her eyes back in her head after I swaddled her up and walked a little and fell asleep. Quiet! Finally! I thought I'd just sit there and hold a sleeping baby. Kevin came in from playing golf about that time and Lilli Jane and I rested about 45 min until Blake came down at 3pm.
We took a couple pictures at home, came in to wash up, take shoes off, and feed Lilli Jane who cried about 10 min in the car. Then Coalson helped me put them down for a much needed nap. Delaney went right to sleep after an argument about wanting Lilli Jane to sleep with her. Blake never slept, but stayed in his room an hour and a half.
I got some laundry started and dinner beginning to be prepped, then Kevin left again at 3:45. Lilli Jane woke at 4 ready to eat and Blake went to wake up Delaney for me after he got lilli Jane to quit crying while she was lying on her play mat. He is so good at that, he doesn't get frustrated or sad when she is crying, he understands she has to do that because its the only way she can communicate right now. She stopped and I looked over, he said "see mom, she just wanted her mirror to play with". Taylor was supposed to come over from 4-7, but do to a mix up didn't. I continued with dinner while Lilli Jane laid awake, after nursing while i was getting dinner fixed, listening to the kids playing outside. She would cry and the kids would try to calm her. The pictures show you a point in time about 4:30 today including the "bubble party" they had on their own that included a whole gallon of bubbles!
The ups man comes frequently to our house, I don't shop in stores, I order online. I save so much time, money, and sanity that way.
I looked down while dinner was cooking while I was rocking Lilli Jane trying to calm her and saw Delaney in the sandbox in her panties, and they were on backwards, ouch! Crazy girl. She would be naked all the time if we allowed it.
We had an argument about cleaning up the toys outside and coming in for dinner. The same, "my hands aren't dirty, look" conversation, and Delaney having to go to the potty as soon as we sat down to eat the homemade lasagna I made. It had low fat cheese mozzarella, ground turkey, whole tomatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, real garlic crushed, cauliflower, 1% cottage cheese, and spices for the most part in it. So I watched them eat a healthy meal at their little picnic table. They cleaned it themselves to get it ready, and cleared their dishes afterwards. Delaney had to have her baby with her beside her taking care of her parallel to me taking care of mine. Lilli Jane woke up crying after tow bites of my meal, so she nursed while I ate.
After dinner we headed to my big bath tub where I did it, I bathed all three of them together. Delaney had to bring her baby and change her right beside me and my baby. They helped wash Lilli Jane. Delaney tried helping but only splashed water all in her face over and over. She kept pushing on her wanting her to "sit" on the bottom...under the water! I stopped that and let Blake wash her hair. I dress her, got their pjs, got them out, assisted in dressing by reminding them over and over to get dressed. We brushed hair and cleaned up the toys in the den.
Then we all sat down, with a fussy baby and played the sharing game by the Bernstein bears. Daddy came home half way through about 6:45 and I passed the fussy one off to him while we finished. Delaney won and focused on the whole thing, for the most part!
They worked a puzzle together, they play so well together, while I washed the dishes. Then we all headed upstairs at 7:20 for teeth brushing, books, and songs. I read one and came down to nurse Lilli Jane who had been fighting sleep with daddy for 10 min upstairs, swaddle her up and put her in bed. Now she didn't want to go to sleep! Go figure.
Finally by 8:30 I was sitting down with a glass of wine to write this blog about the day I didn't want to forget. I can do it, I can go, go, go and be a mom of three little ones that all still need me very much.
I'm heading to bed about 9:30 tonight hoping to get a couple 3-4 hour stretches of sleep between feelings. Lilli Jane is stirring a lot already, so it's not looking too good, we'll see what tomorrow brings when daddy goes back to work after his 6 week paternity leave. He will be gone 7:15am-5:45...that is a full day for us. Camps and gymnastics will keep us super busy again tomorrow though,

















No comments:
Post a Comment