Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas morning…Santa came!

 

We awoke about 7am Christmas morning and the kids found their 3 gifts from Santa…Blake got a cardboard train, Spiderman stuff and a remote control car.  Delaney got art stuff, a Barbie house with dolls and a car, and a Big Wheel.  My parents came over to see their excitement too.  Santa ate the cookies that mommy and daddy had to leave out since they were fast asleep when we came home from Nanny’s house.

IMG_7249IMG_7250IMG_7254IMG_7258IMG_7271IMG_7273

 


Then we wrapped our baby Jesus’ in swaddling clothes (toilet paper) and did the last Advent while we ate our chocolate chip pancakes that daddy made!  We read the Christmas story from the Alice Bible Times book and blew out the candles one last time while saying “Come Emmanuel”!

IMG_7266IMG_7277IMG_7278

 


We opened our stockings and enjoyed a little morning candy!

IMG_7279IMG_7285IMG_7291IMG_7295IMG_7301


Then we opened presents from each other…the kids were both SUPER excited about watching each other open the one they bought for their sibling.  I loved seeing the excitement in their faces!!  It warmed my heart seeing their heart full of joy while giving.

IMG_7306IMG_7310IMG_7315
We played a little while, then after Delaney climbed in my lap and said “I’m tired mommy” we ate lunch and took naps.  What a wonderful morning.  Christmas is such a fun and magical time with kids.  I am so glad we were so balanced with Santa and Jesus too, they really understood why we have Christmas and who we celebrate for, I am so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment