
Delaney, 14 months, has learned who Elmo is from Blake, the other day she got a DVD out of the drawer and said, "Mo". It was so cute! She has said, but doesn't say many words we understand very often, "Crocks, bows, ball, dog, this (says that ALL the time), Bak (for Blake), dada, cheese (for snack), Ma (I think, for Mac), ah (for all done) bubble", but NOT Mommy! :( I know one day soon I'll want her to stop saying mommy so much, but for now I crave it! She loves to help. She puts things where they are supposed to go. When she is done with something she puts it in the trash, whether it's a reusable bowl or napkin. She likes to act like she wants to help me cook or bake, but all she really wants to do is eat whatever I'm cooking. She'll lick anything off a spatula though, cake batter or cauliflower puree (don't tell her). She will crawl all over you and attack you when you lie on the floor, she likes to sit on your head or belly and bounce, ouch! She has an amazing little smile that she'll use to get away with about anything, but after she's worn out, especially in the car or stroller she just gets this blank look on her face, you can tell she's "done". She cries when I leave her with anyone except daddy and grandparents, but only for a minute. She has had the opportunity to play with the big kids on the playground at Blake's preschool with a couple baby sitters and LOVES it, she is really going to enjoy school next year. She sleeps about 7:45pm-6:15am and still nurses once in the morning (we look at it as "taking her vitamin"), but she can do without it if I'm not home. She naps only once now in the afternoon for about 2-2.5 hours, sometimes, rarely 3. She likes to eat and eats as much as Blake does if not more some days. She asks for a snack all the time and would eat sweets and carbs all day if I let her.

She just sprouted hair at the beach a couple weeks ago and it seems to be coming in more and more each day. She asks to wear bows and is getting better about leaving them in. She will wear her hat outside pretty well too, which is great considering her pasty white skin. She has so many distinct facial expressions, I love to see what will come out next. She is a cuddlier believe it or not, especially with me! :) Delaney is going to be right handed for sure, she moves everything to that hand. She likes to color, but loves to eat the crayons. She crews on washcloths a lot and I can't keep her out of the wipes. She is real interested in the potty and points to her diaper when I talk about being poopie. She gets diaper rash a lot if the poopie stays on for any length of time. It gets so red and even bleeds sometimes, I feel so sorry for her. Cream usually clears it right up though. I think I'll try potty training her when I do Blake this summer just because she'll be interested in what he does. Who knows, maybe she'll be trained before him! She follows commands and listens very well. She does things I didn't know she could. Today she had her play dust pan and was standing outside the litter box trying to figure out how to get in it. I didn't know she had even see us clean it and she knew just what to do, crazy! That little sponge! She is still climbing on top of everything and finding new things everyday. I am at the point that I just let her and watch her carefully so she learns how to get down on her own. She has skinned her knees several times and has already had more band-aids than Blake ever has.
What a smart and funny little girl Delaney is! My fav Delaney memory is when she covered her ears in Kindermusik when we were singing to her!
ReplyDelete