I use a pound of precooked chicken, pull it apart, heat on stove with paprika, salt, pepper while cooking the 1/5 cups whole wheat orzo for 5 min. I add 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup pureed cauliflower, a shredded carrot, orzo, some frozen peas, chopped onion, 1/4 cup cream cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to the chicken. Cook a few min, then add lemon zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon, stir and serve! The kids love it, but Kevin and I do too! I usually have leftovers for a couple days after.
Delaney will turn her head and even shake it no sometimes now. She does this especially when we try to feed her from the spoon, however if we allow her to do it herself then she'll eat it right up. Obviously it makes quite a mess, but a quick clean up in the kitchen sink makes clean up easy and fun.
When we eat meals we love to listen to music. If it's not on Blake will usually ask for it, but lately Delaney turns around, since it's behind her seat, signs please and points to it. She grins so big when we turn it on and Blake sings along. A few favorites are, "If I had $1,000,000, If I had a Boat, Delaney Talks to Statues, I'm a Believer, Sweet Caroline, Bouncing Round the Room. Random, I know...Kevin is the music guy, that is what has stuck with us.
Showing off some more independence, Delaney tries to climb out of the chair. Now, when we put her in, she hands the buckle to us. We have to strap her in everything, I don't think I've ever strapped Blake in anything. He's such calm child. However, he does take MUCH longer to eat and won't chew meat. She doesn't have back teeth yet and can still chew more than him. In restaurants we double strap her down and she can still climb out of the straps. Houdini!
No comments:
Post a Comment